Subject: Re: Best editor and SAS/C
From: [email-masked] (Doug Walker)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 14:53:18 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Bob Tomasevich)  writes:
|> JBW> I have CygnusEd3.5 - but it gives an Enforcer hit
|> JBW> when I start it and load/save files.  
|> 
|> Change the stack size to the minimum mentioned in the CygnusEd
|> 3.5 manual, which is, if I remember right, 8192.  You'll also
|> have to change the SAS icon used for text files to this stack
|> size.  The same thing happened to me on my A4000/040.
|> 
|> I use CygnusEd all the time for programming and other stuff.

BTW, a quick and easy way to change all your text icons:

   1. Change the icons in SC:ICONS that refer to SE
      (DEF_C.INFO, DEF_H.INFO, DEF_A.INFO, DEF_CXX.INFO,
       DEF_LST.INFO, lots of others)

   2. Run SCSETUP FORCE on all your project directories.
      The FORCE option causes SCSETUP to copy over any existing
      icons with the ones from SC:ICONS.  (This is also a good
      way to change the default icon imagery, btw.)

Remember, you can add default icons to SC:ICONS and SCSETUP will
automatically use them.  An icon called DEF_abc.INFO in the SC:ICONS
directory will be used for files with the extension ".abc" or files
called "abc" with no extension.

Also remember that you can use SCSETUP to attach icons to files in 
non-project directories by using the NOSTARTER option.  NOSTARTER 
tells SCSETUP not to copy the contents of the SC:STARTER_PROJECT 
directory, but to just add icons for files that it recognizes.

Also also remember that you can add files to the SC:STARTER_PROJECT
directory if you like, and SCSETUP will copy them for you.  A good
example is a SCOPTIONS file - the project will be "seeded" with that
SCOPTIONS file.  If you have other utilities you'd like in all your
projects, you can add them as well - or you could delete one of ours,
for example the "Find" utility if you never use it.

Enough tips for today...

-- 
  *****                    / [email-masked]
 *|_o_o|\\     Doug Walker<  BIX, Portal: djwalker
 *|. o.| ||                \ CompuServe: 71165,2274
  | o  |//     
  ====== 
Any opinions expressed are mine, not those of SAS Institute, Inc.